The following articles correlate with the "Hospital Based – 2011 Update" Continuing Education Class held at Oakwood Hospital & Medical Center on Wednesday, November 20, 2013.
If you have any problems accessing these articles, or need assistance from the library, please contact us at email@example.com or (313) 593-7685.
1.A. Chan P, Chen JH, Lee MH, Deng JF. Fatal and nonfatal methamphetamine intoxication in the intensive care unit. Journal of toxicology Clinical toxicology 1994;32:147-55. PDF Article
1.B. Derlet RW, Rice P, Horowitz BZ, Lord RV. Amphetamine toxicity: experience with 127 cases. The Journal of emergency medicine 1989;7:157-61. PDF Article
1.C. Gray SD, Fatovich DM, McCoubrie DL, Daly FF. Amphetamine-related presentations to an inner-city tertiary emergency department: a prospective evaluation. The Medical journal of Australia 2007;186:336-9. PDF Article
2. National Institutes of Health. National Heart, Lung & Blood Institute. The management of sickle cell disease. NIH Publication No. 02-2117. 4th Edition, June 2002. PDF Article
3. Salem DN, Daudelin HD, Levine HJ, Pauker SG, Eckman MH, Riff J. Antithrombotic therapy in valvular heart disease. Chest 2001;119:207s-19s. PDF Article
4. Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC). 2007 Guideline for Isolation Precautions: Preventing Transmission of Infectious Agents in Healthcare Settings. Table 2. Clinical Syndromes Or Conditions Warranting Empiric Transmission-Based Precautions In Addition To Standard Precautions Pending Confirmation Of Diagnosis. 2009. PDF Article
5. Hall KK, Lyman JA. Updated review of blood culture contamination. Clinical microbiology reviews 2006;19:788-802. PDF Article
6.A. Qaseem A, Wilt TJ, Weinberger SE, et al. Diagnosis and management of stable chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: a clinical practice guideline update from the American College of Physicians, American College of Chest Physicians, American Thoracic Society, and European Respiratory Society. Annals of internal medicine 2011;155:179-91. PDF Article
6.B. Niewoehner DE. Clinical practice. Outpatient management of severe COPD. The New England journal of medicine 2010;362:1407-16. PDF Article
6.C. GOLD (Global Initiative for Chronic Obstructive Lung Disease). Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease Criteria. 2013. PDF Article
7.A. Irani DN. Aseptic meningitis and viral myelitis. Neurologic clinics 2008;26:635-55, vii-viii. PDF Article
7.B. Tunkel AR, Hartman BJ, Kaplan SL, et al. Practice guidelines for the management of bacterial meningitis. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2004;39:1267-84. PDF Article
7.C. McKinney WP, Heudebert GR, Harper SA, Young MJ, McIntire DD. Validation of a clinical prediction rule for the differential diagnosis of acute meningitis. Journal of general internal medicine 1994;9:8-12. PDF Article
8.A. Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC). Guideline for Prevention of Catheter-associated Urinary Tract Infections, CAUTI Guidelines. 2009. PDF Article
8.B. Hanchett, Marilyn. Preventing CAUTI: A patient-centered approach. Prevetnion strategist, Autumn 2012: 42-50. PDF Article
9. UpToDate. Clostridium difficile in adults: Treatment. PDF Article Not Available
10.A. Caceres VM, Stange KC, Kikano GE, Zyzanski SJ. The clinical utility of a day of hospital observation after switching from intravenous to oral antibiotic therapy in the treatment of pyelonephritis. The Journal of family practice 1994;39:337-9. PDF Article
10.B. Pien BC, Sundaram P, Raoof N, et al. The clinical and prognostic importance of positive blood cultures in adults. The American journal of medicine 2010;123:819-28. PDF Article
10.C. Stamm WE, Hooton TM. Management of urinary tract infections in adults. The New England journal of medicine 1993;329:1328-34. PDF Article
11. Zar FA, Bakkanagari SR, Moorthi KM, Davis MB. A comparison of vancomycin and metronidazole for the treatment of Clostridium difficile-associated diarrhea, stratified by disease severity. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2007;45:302-7. PDF Article
12. No citation specified.
13. Ghany MG, Strader DB, Thomas DL, Seeff LB. Diagnosis, management, and treatment of hepatitis C: an update. Hepatology (Baltimore, Md) 2009;49:1335-74. PDF Article
14.A. Blei AT. The impact of Hepatology. Hepatology (Baltimore, Md) 2004;39:1. PDF Article
14.B. Angeli P, Dalla Pria M, De Bei E, et al. Randomized clinical study of the efficacy of amiloride and potassium canrenoate in nonazotemic cirrhotic patients with ascites. Hepatology (Baltimore, Md) 1994;19:72-9. PDF Article
15. Chobanian AV, Bakris GL, Black HR, et al. Seventh report of the Joint National Committee on Prevention, Detection, Evaluation, and Treatment of High Blood Pressure. Hypertension 2003;42:1206-52. PDF Article
16.A. Klevens RM, Morrison MA, Nadle J, et al. Invasive methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections in the United States. JAMA : the journal of the American Medical Association 2007;298:1763-71. PDF Article
16.B. Sampathkumar P. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus: the latest health scare. Mayo Clinic proceedings Mayo Clinic 2007;82:1463-7. PDF Article
17. Qaseem A, Snow V, Shekelle P, Hopkins R, Jr., Forciea MA, Owens DK. Pharmacologic treatment of low bone density or osteoporosis to prevent fractures: a clinical practice guideline from the American College of Physicians. Annals of internal medicine 2008;149:404-15. PDF Article
18.A. Massachusetts Coalition for the Prevention of Medical Errors. When Things Go Wrong: Responding to Adverse Events. A Consensus Statement of the Harvard Hospitals, 2006. PDF Article
18.B. Gallagher TH, Waterman AD, Ebers AG, Fraser VJ, Levinson W. Patients' and physicians' attitudes regarding the disclosure of medical errors. JAMA : the journal of the American Medical Association 2003;289:1001-7. PDF Article
18.C. Iedema R, Allen S, Britton K, et al. Patients' and family members' views on how clinicians enact and how they should enact incident disclosure: the "100 patient stories" qualitative study. BMJ (Clinical research ed) 2011;343:d4423. PDF Article
19. Gilard M, Le Gal G, Cornily JC, et al. Midterm prognosis of patients with suspected coronary artery disease and normal multislice computed tomographic findings: a prospective management outcome study. Archives of internal medicine 2007;167:1686-9. PDF Article
20.A. Adams HP, Jr., del Zoppo G, Alberts MJ, et al. Guidelines for the early management of adults with ischemic stroke: a guideline from the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association Stroke Council, Clinical Cardiology Council, Cardiovascular Radiology and Intervention Council, and the Atherosclerotic Peripheral Vascular Disease and Quality of Care Outcomes in Research Interdisciplinary Working Groups: the American Academy of Neurology affirms the value of this guideline as an educational tool for neurologists. Stroke; a journal of cerebral circulation 2007;38:1655-711. PDF Article
20.B. Jessup M, Abraham WT, Casey DE, et al. 2009 focused update: ACCF/AHA Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Heart Failure in Adults: a report of the American College of Cardiology Foundation/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines: developed in collaboration with the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation. Circulation 2009;119:1977-2016. PDF Article
20.C. Kontoyiannis DP. Echinocandin-based initial therapy in fungemic patients with cancer: a focus on recent guidelines of the infectious diseases society of america. Clinical infectious diseases : an official publication of the Infectious Diseases Society of America 2009;49:638-9; author reply 9-40. PDF Article
20.D. Patrick A, Epstein O. Review article: gastroparesis. Alimentary pharmacology & therapeutics 2008;27:724-40. PDF Article
20.E. Wells PS, Owen C, Doucette S, Fergusson D, Tran H. Does this patient have deep vein thrombosis? JAMA : the journal of the American Medical Association 2006;295:199-207. PDF Article
20.F. van Belle A, Buller HR, Huisman MV, et al. Effectiveness of managing suspected pulmonary embolism using an algorithm combining clinical probability, D-dimer testing, and computed tomography. JAMA : the journal of the American Medical Association 2006;295:172-9. PDF Article
20.G. Holick MF. Vitamin D: important for prevention of osteoporosis, cardiovascular heart disease, type 1 diabetes, autoimmune diseases, and some cancers. Southern medical journal 2005;98:1024-7. PDF Article
- PDF Article 1.A.
- PDF Article 1.B.
- PDF Article 1.C.
- PDF Article 2
- PDF Article 3
- PDF Article 4
- PDF Article 5
- PDF Article 6.A.
- PDF Article 6.B.
- PDF Article 6.C.
- PDF Article 7.A.
- PDF Article 7.B.
- PDF Article 7.C.
- PDF Article 8.B.
- PDF Article 10.A.
- PDF Article 10.B.
- PDF Article 10.C.
- PDF Article 11
- PDF Article 13
- PDF Article 14.A.
- PDF Article 14.B.
- PDF Article 15
- PDF Article 16
- PDF Article 16.B.
- PDF Article 17
- PDF Article 18.A.
- PDF Article 18.B.
- PDF Article 18.C.
- PDF Article 19
- PDF Article 20.A.
- PDF Article 20.B.
- PDF Article 20.C.
- PDF Article 20.D.
- PDF Article 20.E.
- PDF Article 20.F.
- PDF Article 20.G.
Oakwood Hospital - Dearborn
18101 Oakwood Blvd.
Dearborn, MI 48124
7:30am-5:00pm Monday through Friday