This guide is designed to help you get started and find the information you need at the Oakwood Hospital Medical library.
Contact us if you need assistance with anything:
- Call us - 313-593-7685
- Email us - email@example.com
- Visit us - We are located on the first floow in the Fitzgerald Pavilion; down the hall from the Kalman Auditorium
If you are using an Oakwood computer, you will be able to access all of the Medical Library electronic resources (journals, databases, and books).
If you are an employee accessing the Medical Library from outside Oakwood Hospital, contact the Medical Library for a list of Remote Access passwords.
If you are a physician accessing the Medical Library from outside Oakwood Hospital, use the Physician Portal (OakCare Connect).
Contact the Medical Library for assistance - (313) 593-7685 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Computers @ Medical Library
The Oakwood Medical Library has a total of 12 computers for your use -- 4 in the Medical Library and 8 in the Computer Lab.
They are equipped with Windows 7 and the MicroSoft Office 2010 suite. You can access OakNet, OakCare, and all other Oakwood applications. EndNote is available on two of the computers.
Access to Key Library Resources
Services from the Oakwood Medical Library
Other Resources for Residents & Medical Students
Study Guide Resources
The Medical Library offers the following study guides:
- MKSAP / American College of Physicians
- MKSAP 16 (2012) - These books cannot be checked out of the library. You may make photocopies.
- MKSAP 16 Audio CDs (2012) - These CDs can be checked out for 1 week. There is a limit of 2 specialty sections.
- MKSAP 15 (2009) - All of these books can be checked out for 1 week.
- Med Study Internal Medicine Review
- Med Study Books (15th edition, 2013) - These books cannot be checked out. You may make photocopies.
- Med Study Videos (2014) - The individual DVDs can be checked out for 1 week. There is a limit of 2 specialty sections.
- Med Study Books (13th edition, 2009) - These books can be checked out for 1 week.
- Med Sutdy Videos (13th edition, 2009) - The individual DVDs can be checked out for 1 week. There is a limit of 2 specialty sections.
- ACC SAP / American College of Cardiodlogy
- These books can be checked out for 1 week.
Please be considerate of other library users for these high-demand items. Return them as soon as you are finished with them. There are others waiting to use them.
Oakwood Hospital - Dearborn
18101 Oakwood Blvd.
Dearborn, MI 48124
7:30am-5:00pm Monday through Friday